We are very excited to bring back our Cancelgammon event for the second consecutive year after positive feedback from our players. With only a $30 entry fee (85% return), this is a great chance to try a new variant at a low price!
- You may force your opponent to re-roll once per game.
- Each player will start with a token indicating that they have one cancel remaining (any object can be used). Once they have used their cancel, the token is removed from the board and replaced at the beginning of the next game.
- Unused cancels do not carry over to future games in the match.
- You may not cancel cube actions, your own roll, or the opening roll.
- You may wait for your opponent to complete their play before using your cancel, but you are not required to do so. Once you have rolled or doubled, it is too late to cancel your opponent's last roll.
- A player may double immediately after the opponent uses their cancel, before re-rolling.
- Clocks are optional in this event. If either player does not want to use a clock, clocks will not be used unless a match is unduly delaying the tournament. Players may, by mutual agreement, use a clock with more generous time settings than normal.
- All other backgammon rules apply.